Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Now in Maine

Posted by Mike's Home support:

Arrived last night from Boston at the Hostel in Millinocket by bus/taxi. The only internet access seems to be at the library which doesn't open until 1:00 PM and I hope to be gone to the campground before then. I called my parents and asked them to post my status. I might be doing a lot of that.

I asked the taxi driver where I could by fuel for my stove. He just happened to have a couple of cans in his trunk a previous hiker had left behind -- couldn't take it on the plane. He gave me the fuel. In return I left my duffel bag for him to pass on to a future hiker to pack their equipment for the return home.

At the hostel I met a couple of guys who had just completed the northbound walk from Georgia. Their primary suggestion was to carry plenty of bug spray. I hope I have enough.

Tomorrow morning I'll climb Baxter Peak to begin the long walk to Georgia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home